The constant changing nature of the bike industry pushes us to continue developing new technologies and products to meet the latest demands from riders and bike manufacturers.
Our latest wheel is a Disc Specific Tubular wheel. This wheel is perfect for the growing market of performance disc road bikes and cyclocross race. With the UCI allowing disc brakes into the pro peloton for the first time in 2015 and relaxing its rules on discs in CycloCross, this has opened the possibilities for frame manufactures worldwide.
In CycloCross a combination of discs and tubular tyres allows a significant increase in stopping power and the ability to run lower pressures for exceptional grip on muddy courses. On the road disc brakes have seen an increase in popularity, tubular tyres have been proven time and again to be faster and preferred by many for the improved ride quality and low weight of wheels over standard clinchers.
The Pillon Light Disc Brake uses a disc specific rim laced to our tried and tested SuperG Disc hub.
- Weight – 1492g (front 689g rear 803g)
- Rim – 35mm Full carbon fibre clincher, external width 25.5mm, internal width 17mm UD finishing, disc brake specific,
- Spoke – Front 20, Rear 24 holes 16/8 Balanced spoke tension, Sapim CX Sprint (Aero black stainless steel)
- Nipple – Internal S.I.L.S. – Polyax Internal Sapim Integrated Locking system, Alluminium, 14mm
- Front Hub – Edco Aptera, glossy black anodized, 100mm QR
- Rear Hub – Edco Aptera, glossy black anodized, 130mm QR
- Cassette – Available in either Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo freehub body.
- Quick Release – Edco skewer with aluminium handle and CrMo axle QR-PC ( Front 57g / Rear 62g ). Through Axle 12mm option also available.
- Bag – 2 wheel bags, black with Edco logo, double polstering with short handles for easy handling
- Tyre – Tubular
- Max. Weight – 110kg